The goal of cosmetic surgery is to enhance a person’s look, self-confidence and also self-confidence. Cosmetic surgery can be done on any kind of part of the face and also body.
Types of plastic surgery
For the face
- Cheek lift
- Chemical peel
- Chin surgical procedure
- Cosmetic dental care
- Eyebrow/forehead renewal (brow lift).
- Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery).
- New look.
- Face contouring.
- Facial fillers.
- Facial wrinkles.
- Laser hair removal.
- Laser resurfacing.
- Neck lift.
- Otoplasty (ear surgical treatment).
- Nose job (nose surgical treatment).
- Skin problems (blemishes, crawler blood vessels, mark alterations, tattoo removal).
- Wrinkle therapy.
For the body.
- Abdomen decrease (abdominoplasty).
- Arm lift.
- Breast augmentation.
- Breast lift.
- Breast reduction surgical treatment.
- Buttock lift (belt lipectomy).
- Circumferential body lift.
- Inner upper leg lift.
- Laser hair removal.
Why it’s done.
Because cosmetic surgery can bring long lasting as well as dramatic modifications to your outside appearance, it is essential to comprehend how these changes might affect you on the inside. Prior to making a consultation to see a plastic surgeon, consider your objectives for wanting to alter just how you look.
Many physical features can be successfully transformed via cosmetic surgery; others can not. Good candidates for cosmetic surgery:.
- Have sensible assumptions about what can be accomplished.
- Understand the medical dangers, physical results during healing, how the surgical treatment will impact them directly and also properly, what way of life changes may go along with the recuperation duration, and also the costs involved.
- Have persistent clinical conditions controlled.
- Have no background of smoking or commit to abstain from smoking cigarettes and nicotine products, including eating tobacco and nicotine spots, gums, or lozenges for four to 6 weeks before and after surgery.
- Have had a secure weight for six to one year, for certain procedures.
All surgeries, consisting of cosmetic treatments, bring threat. If your body mass index is 30 or higher (excessive weight) or you have diabetes, you might be at greater danger of establishing complications such as embolism in the legs or lungs. Smoking also boosts threats and also disrupts healing.
You’ll meet your cosmetic surgeon to talk about these threats as well as others related to your wellness background.
Possible problems for any kind of operation consist of:
- Complications associated with anesthetic, consisting of pneumonia, embolism as well as, seldom, fatality.
- Infection at the laceration website, which may get worse scarring and also require additional surgical procedure.
- Liquid accumulation under the skin.
- Mild bleeding, which might call for an additional surgical procedure, or hemorrhaging considerable sufficient to need a transfusion.
- Uncommon scarring due to skin failure.
- Separation of the surgical injury, which often requires added treatments.
- Numbness and also tingling from nerve damage, which may be permanent.